- This event has passed.
Armed Citizen 1- Live Fire
August 1 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm$100.00
Armed Citizen 1 is a basic handgun course designed for responsible gun owners that want to start their journey as a well trained shooter. Perfect for that first time gun owner or a gun owner that hasn’t shot in years. This course will start at MTAC for the classroom portion and move to the Sheriff’s Range for the remainder of the class. The course will cover:
- The 4 universal gun safety rules
- In depth look into the advantages of NLTA/RBT
- Operation of handguns and ammunition
- Safe handling and operation of a handgun
- Maintenance and cleaning
- Skills for accuracy
- Laws impacting the armed citizen
- Dry fire techniques
- Target shooting
- Intro to reality based training
Required equipment: Handgun in good working condition, clear eye protection meeting ANSI Z87.1, hearing protection, belt, belt mounted holster (No SERPA brand holster) pants with pockets, no open toed shoes snacks, hydration, proper gear for the weather (sun screen, rain gear) and a positive attitude. Please bring 200 rounds of commercially loaded ball ammunition.