At MTAC, we have the honor and privilege of training folks from all walks of life and every profession under the sun. For whatever reason, they have chosen to not only carry a gun to protect themselves, their loved ones, and innocent life, but they have also chosen to continue their training to be the biggest asset they can to their fellow man as a responsibly armed citizen.
There are many in our citizenry however that work in our schools and are at an elevated risk, most of which must be there unarmed.
With a desire to help school staff (teacher, administrator, secretary, nurse, custodian, etc.) receive much-needed training, MTAC is proud to offer the MTAC SAFER SCHOOLS SCHOLARSHIP effective immediately.
The SAFER SCHOOLS SCHOLARSHIP will offer one spot for any private or public-school staff from the state of Indiana tuition-free in any of our course offerings.
- You must have an Indiana License To Carry (LTC) for Personal Protection.
- You must be employed in any capacity for an Indiana public or private school.
- You must a clean record, no felonies or violent misdemeanors.
HOW TO APPLY
- Once the yearly schedule is released, print and fill out the MTAC Safer Schools Scholarship application, attach a photocopy of your credentials and mail the form in to the address on the application.
- A committee will review the applications, contact your place of employment and verify your LTC status.
- Those selected are eligible for one free class per year. This will allow us to assist as many school staffers as we can. The next calendar year, new applicants will have priority however prior attendees under the scholarship may resubmit.
- You will be notified via email when you are selected and registered for a class and all you need to do is show up with the required gear.