At MTAC, we have the honor and privilege of training folks from all walks of life and every profession under the sun. For whatever reason, they have chosen to not only carry a gun to protect themselves, their loved ones, and innocent life, but they have also chosen to continue their training to be the biggest asset they can to their fellow man as a responsibly armed citizen.
There are many in our citizenry however that take their civic duty even further by undertaking the oath and dedication to being a sworn law enforcement officer.
Even though only some of the MTAC cadre and Alumni are past and current law enforcement members, all of us know full well the responsibility levied on the shoulders of our brothers and sisters in blue, brown, and green around the country.
On the flip-side, we also understand that very few departments have the budget to keep all of their officers trained at the level they need to be.
With a desire to help our Law Enforcement Officers receive much-needed training when the department cannot assist, MTAC is proud to offer the MTAC BLUE LINE SCHOLARSHIP effective immediately.
The BLUE LINE SCHOLARSHIP will offer one spot for an Active or Reserve Law Enforcement Officer from the state of Indiana in each of our ILEA certified classes tuition-free.
- You must be a certified and currently working Active Law Enforcement Officer OR
- You must be a reserve officer AND
- You are required to carry a firearm in the performance of your duties
HOW TO APPLY
- Once the yearly schedule is released, print and fill out the MTAC Blue Line Scholarship application, attach a photocopy of your credentials and mail the form in to the address on the application.
- All officers selected are eligible for one free class per year. This will allow us to assist as many LEOs as we can. The next calendar year, new applicants will have priority however prior attendees under the scholarship may resubmit.
- You will be notified via email when you are selected and registered for a class and all you need to do is show up with the required gear.